- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cream-style corn
- 1 cup cooked or canned black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350°, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until bread is golden. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Corn Bread with Black-Eyed Peas
Sort By :
"I made this recipe for a friend who was visiting and had requested Cornbread and Black Eyed Peas, the recipe sounded fairly easy and good. It was very easy to make and delicious! I replaced the flour, cornmeal and baking soda with an 8.5oz box of Jiffy corn muffin mix but followed the rest of the recipe as listed. The pan was empty at the end of the night and everyone was pleased!"