Corn Bread Veggie Bake
Sharon Van Ornum takes advantage of convenience items in this simple side dish that's only 52 cents a serving. "This casserole is a great addition to any meal," says the Hilton, New York cook.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup french-fried onions
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, 2/3 cup milk and vegetables.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a large bowl,
- combine the corn bread mix, egg and remaining milk just until
- blended. Carefully spread over vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with onions (pan will be full). Bake at 350° for 25-30
- minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 307 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 789 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.