Corn Bread Veggie Bake Recipe
Sharon Van Ornum takes advantage of convenience items in this simple side dish that's only 52 cents a serving. "This casserole is a great addition to any meal," says the Hilton, New York cook.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup french-fried onions
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the soup, 2/3 cup milk and vegetables. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the corn bread mix, egg and remaining milk just until blended. Carefully spread over vegetable mixture.
- 2. Sprinkle with onions (pan will be full). Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 307 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 789mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Corn Bread Veggie Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC