Corn Bread Turkey Casserole Recipe
Folks who love turkey and stuffing will appreciate the flavor and convenience of this golden casserole. "The recipe makes three pans, so you can enjoy one for dinner and freeze the other two for future meals," says Michelle Flynn of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) crushed corn bread stuffing mix
- 11 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Add turkey and cheddar cheese. In a large bowl, combine soups and milk. In three greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, layer each with 1 cup turkey mixture and 1 cup soup mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- 2. Cover and freeze two casseroles for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- 3. To use frozen casseroles: Thaw each in the refrigerator. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 3 casseroles (8 servings each).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC