Corn Bread-Topped Salmon
There's no need to serve bread when you've already baked it into your main dish. This economical casserole tastes great with tuna or chicken as well.Billie Wilson, Murray, Kentucky
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large saucepan, bring soup and milk to a boil; add salmon and
- peas. Pour into a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Prepare
- corn bread batter according to package direction; stir in the
- remaining ingredients. Spoon over salmon mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted in the corn bread comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 311 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,132 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.