Corn Bread-Topped Salmon
There's no need to serve bread when you've already baked it into your main dish. This economical casserole tastes great with tuna or chicken as well.—Billie Wilson, Murray, Kentucky
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring soup and milk to
- a boil; add salmon and peas. Pour into a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt.
- baking dish. Prepare corn bread batter according to package
- direction; stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon over salmon mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the
- corn bread comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 311 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,132 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.