- large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in 1 tablespoon oil until
- tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, toss chicken with cornstarch and 1/4 teaspoon salt;
- stir into bean mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until
- chicken is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and
- remaining salt. Stir in milk and remaining oil. Drop by
- tablespoonfuls over chicken mixture. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or
- until a toothpick inserted in center of topping comes out clean.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 372 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 1,103 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.