The corn bread and beef bake together in the same casserole dish, making this entree convenient. It's packed with tempting seasonings, and the cheese and onions make an attractive topping. Everyone who tries it likes it.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomato sauce, water, green pepper and taco seasoning. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions for corn bread. Stir in half of the onions. Spread over beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and remaining onions. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and a toothpick inserted into corn bread layer comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Corn Bread Taco Bake in Country Woman July/August 2003, p29
Reviews for Corn Bread Taco Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review