Corn Bread Stuffing Recipe
At least 10 of us women made this old-fashioned dressing to feed over 1,500 people at our church's fall festival. Everyone thought it was wonderful. It's the best dressing I've ever made.—Patty Kierce, Weir, Texas
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds) bread, toasted and cubed
- 6 cups cubed corn bread, toasted
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the water, onions, celery, parsley, butter and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Combine the bread, corn bread, eggs, hard-cooked eggs, chicken, broth and onion mixture.
- 2. Divide into two 3-qt. baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 18-20 servings.
3/4 cup equals 230 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC