- 1 bacon strip, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup corn bread stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash ground allspice
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a 6-qt. pressure cooker, cook the bacon and onion over medium heat until the bacon is crisp. In a small bowl, combine the bacon mixture, stuffing mix, apple, pecans, raisins, 2 tablespoons broth, sage and allspice. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone; fill with stuffing.
- In pressure cooker, brown chops in butter on both sides; add remaining broth. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 15 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat; immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Pork Chops in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p57
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Corn Bread Stuffed Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review