Corn Bread Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
Tart apple adds a delicious hint of autumn to the moist stuffing that fills these savory chops. From Quick Cooking's home economists, the elegant entree looks like you fussed but comes together in just an hour or less.
- 1 bacon strip, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup corn bread stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash ground allspice
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a 6-qt. pressure cooker, cook the bacon and onion over medium heat until the bacon is crisp. In a small bowl, combine the bacon mixture, stuffing mix, apple, pecans, raisins, 2 tablespoons broth, sage and allspice. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone; fill with stuffing.
- In pressure cooker, brown chops in butter on both sides; add remaining broth. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 15 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat; immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Pork Chops in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p57
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Corn Bread Stuffed Pork Chops(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review