Corn Bread Strips
"I discovered this recipe over 30 years ago and have used it ever since," remarks Patricia Kile of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. With just three ingredients, the corn-flavored strips couldn't be simpler. Toasty from the oven, they are wonderful with a soup or salad.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and corn until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 10-12 times. Pat into
- a 10-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Cut into 3-in. x 1-in. strips; roll in
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 450° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 20 strips.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 145 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.