Corn Bread Squares
This inexpensive cornbread will disappear as fast as you can make it. It is always fluffy and moist.Marcia Salisbury, Waukesha, Wisconsin
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder
- and salt. Add the eggs, milk and oil. Beat just until moistened.
- Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for
- 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 215 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.