Corn Bread Sloppy Joes
Purchase ready-to-eat corn bread from the bakery section in your local grocery store.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 envelopes sloppy joe mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare and bake corn bread according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce,
- corn, chilies and sloppy joe mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook for 1 minute or until cheese is
- melted. Cut corn bread into six pieces; cut each piece in half. Top
- with sloppy joe mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup sloppy joe mixture with 2 pieces of corn bread equals 592 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 1,658 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 38 g protein.