Corn Bread Sloppy Joes Recipe
Purchase ready-to-eat corn bread from the bakery section in your local grocery store.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 envelopes sloppy joe mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepare and bake corn bread according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, corn, chilies and sloppy joe mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Cut corn bread into six pieces; cut each piece in half. Top with sloppy joe mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 592 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 1658mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Corn Bread Sloppy Joes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC