Corn Bread Salad Recipe
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled corn bread
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, layer corn bread, beans, celery, onion and tomatoes. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Spoon beef over tomato layer. Spread topping over salad (do not toss). Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 450 calories, 34 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Corn Bread Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.