Corn Bread Salad for Two Recipe
Looking for a tasty way to use up extra corn bread? Give this change-of-pace salad with vegetables and bacon a try. Perfect for two, it's guaranteed to shake up the dinner doldrums.—Marge Price, Dothan, Alabam
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the corn bread, tomato, green pepper, onions and celery. Add mayonnaise; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 373 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 711 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC