Corn Bread Pork Casserole Recipe
Rich, creamy mushroom stuffing inside moist chops makes this dish special enough to serve company. “Although the recipe serves just two, it can easily be doubled or tripled,” notes LaDonna Reed, a field editor from Ponca City, Oklahoma.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed corn bread stuffing
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops on both sides; set aside. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. Transfer mushrooms to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the sour cream, cheese, garlic and pepper; pour over mushrooms. Top with pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with stuffing. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Corn Bread Pork Casserole in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 53
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Corn Bread Pork Casserole(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cornbread Casserole >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >