Corn Bread Pork Casserole Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed corn bread stuffing
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops on both sides; set aside. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. Transfer mushrooms to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the sour cream, cheese, garlic and pepper; pour over mushrooms. Top with pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with stuffing. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Corn Bread Pork Casserole
Sort By :
I would use cornstarch in the gravy as I could taste the flour. But otherwise good and moist.
This recipe was very easy to prepare; it tasted like you were eating out. Not just your plain pork chops.