- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine buttermilk, applesauce, egg whites and oil; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Corn Bread Muffins in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p8
Reviews for Corn Bread Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review