Corn Bread Layered Salad Recipe
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepare and bake corn bread according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Crumble corn bread into a 2-qt. glass serving bowl. Layer with onions, green pepper, corn and beans.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream; spread over the vegetables. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 458 calories, 27g fat (8g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Corn Bread Layered Salad
"Great recipe! Really addictive. All the ingredients work perfectly together. I too added about 10 slices of cooked crumbled bacon, doubled the amount of cheese, and used about 2 cups of bottled ranch dressing mixed with a teaspoon of Southwest Seasoning instead of the mayo and sour cream. I shared the recipe with my friends and made their mouths water."
"This is great for pot lucks. I can't stop myself from getting seconds!"
"I have made this a couple of times for family cookouts and it has been a big hit. I added cucumbers and crumbled cooked bacon."
"This is delicious. A real southern comfort food! I could eat this at least once a week."
"I made this salad yesterday, and it was hard to quit eating it! It's delicious, and I plan to keep the recipe handy so I can make it again frequently. I did add five slices of cooked, crumbled bacon to the top with the cheese and tomatoes, and added half a package of dry ranch dressing mix to the dressing. I'd seen a recipe similar to this one, but it made enough for twenty plus people. I was drawn to this one because it didn't make as much."
"I have made this several times. The last time I took this to a dinner last week, and I was asked by 2 people for the recipe. I boil 2 or 3 eggs dice them for another layor of flavor."