Corn Bread Layered Salad
“Her cornbread salad is so complete, it can be a meal in itself,” says Jody Miller from Oklahoma City, about her mother, Theresa Casper. “The recipe has been in our family for years and is great for potlucks.“ —Jody Miller, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare and bake corn bread according to package directions. Cool on
- a wire rack.
- Crumble corn bread into a 2-qt. glass serving bowl. Layer with
- onions, green pepper, corn and beans.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream; spread over the
- vegetables. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese. Refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.