“Her cornbread salad is so complete, it can be a meal in itself,” says Jody Miller from Oklahoma City, about her mother, Theresa Casper. “The recipe has been in our family for years and is great for potlucks.“ —Jody Miller, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare and bake corn bread according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack.
- Crumble corn bread into a 2-qt. glass serving bowl. Layer with onions, green pepper, corn and beans.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream; spread over the vegetables. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Corn Bread Layered Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p6
Reviews for Corn Bread Layered Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review