Corn Bread Layered Salad Recipe
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare and bake corn bread according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack.
- Crumble corn bread into a 2-qt. glass serving bowl. Layer with onions, green pepper, corn and beans.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream; spread over the vegetables. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Corn Bread Layered Salad
Sort By :
"Great recipe! Really addictive. All the ingredients work perfectly together. I too added about 10 slices of cooked crumbled bacon, doubled the amount of cheese, and used about 2 cups of bottled ranch dressing mixed with a teaspoon of Southwest Seasoning instead of the mayo and sour cream. I shared the recipe with my friends and made their mouths water."
"This is great for pot lucks. I can't stop myself from getting seconds!"
"I have made this a couple of times for family cookouts and it has been a big hit. I added cucumbers and crumbled cooked bacon."
"This is delicious. A real southern comfort food! I could eat this at least once a week."
"I made this salad yesterday, and it was hard to quit eating it! It's delicious, and I plan to keep the recipe handy so I can make it again frequently. I did add five slices of cooked, crumbled bacon to the top with the cheese and tomatoes, and added half a package of dry ranch dressing mix to the dressing. I'd seen a recipe similar to this one, but it made enough for twenty plus people. I was drawn to this one because it didn't make as much."