Corn Bread Hamburger Pie Recipe
"This one-dish skillet supper is a big hit with children," remarks Carol Ellis of Quartzsite, Arizona. "We've added green beans and other vegetables to it and ti always turns out." To speed up prep, use chopped green pepper and onion.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce, optional
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, salsa, ketchup and steak sauce if desired. Meanwhile, prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; let stand for 2 minutes.
- 2. Spoon over beef mixture. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Corn Bread Hamburger Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC