Corn Bread Hamburger Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce, optional
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, salsa, ketchup and steak sauce if desired. Meanwhile, prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; let stand for 2 minutes.
- Spoon over beef mixture. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Corn Bread Hamburger Pie
Sort By :
"This was a great winter's night supper! I did substitute Rotel tomatoes with chilis for the salsa and put in about a 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt in the burger/onion mixture while it cooked. Instead of steak sauce I added a tablespoon of Sugar Ray's chipolte bbq sauce. This meal is great and will certainly make this again."