Corn Bread for a Crowd
Samuel Warnock of Union, Ohio shares his recipe for Corn Bread for a Crowd. These sunny squares are a terrific accompaniment for chili or any savory dish with gravy or sauce.
30-36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking
- soda and salt. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and
- oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan and a greased 9-in.
- square baking pan. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
- Yield: 30-36 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 151 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.