Samuel Warnock of Union, Ohio shares his recipe for Corn Bread for a Crowd. These sunny squares are a terrific accompaniment for chili or any savory dish with gravy or sauce.
- 3-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan and a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 30-36 servings.
Originally published as Corn Bread For a Crowd in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p54
Reviews for Corn Bread for a Crowd
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review