- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and dried thyme
- For corn bread, in a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking
- powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the water, milk, egg
- substitute and oil. Stir into flour mixture just until blended.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Cool and crumble into a large bowl.
- For stuffing, stir bread cubes into corn bread crumbs. In a nonstick
- skillet coated with cooking spray, cook celery and onion in oil for
- about 6 minutes or until tender. Stir into corn bread mixture.
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in water. In a large bowl, combine
- the broth, egg substitute, seasonings and bouillon mixture. Pour
- over corn bread mixture; Toss to coat evenly. Yield: 13 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 178 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 628 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.