Corn Bread Dressing with Oysters Recipe
"THIS DRESSING, baked separately from the turkey, is simply delicious. The secret is to prepare the corn bread first, let it cool and then crumble it to form the 'base' for the rest of the ingredients. My father always added oysters to give the dressing a special flavor."
- 8 to 10 cups coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 2 slices white bread, toasted and torn into small pieces
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pint shucked oysters, drained and chopped or 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole oysters, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 5 to 6 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1. Combine the first eight ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in enough broth until the mixture is very wet. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish or shallow 3-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 12-15 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC