Corn Bread Dressing with Oysters Recipe
- 8 to 10 cups coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 2 slices white bread, toasted and torn into small pieces
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pint shucked oysters, drained and chopped or 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole oysters, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 5 to 6 cups turkey or chicken broth
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in enough broth until the mixture is very wet. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish or shallow 3-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Corn Bread Dressing with Oysters(2)
Sort By :
Forgot to add that I increased the poultry seasoning to 1.5 tsp.
This recipe is very oyster tasting so next time I make it I will use less oysters. I will also add more poultry seasoning. My husband loves the strong oyster flavor but the typical guest may not. It is very moist.