Corn Bread Dressing for a Crowd Recipe
At least 10 of us women made this old-fashioned dressing to feed over 1,500 people at our church's fall festival. Everyone thought it was wonderful. It's the best dressing I've ever made.—Patty Kierce, Weir, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:36-40 servings
- 2 cups water
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 loaves (1-1/2 pounds each) bread, toasted and cubed
- 12 cups cubed corn bread, toasted
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 10 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the water, onions, celery, parsley, butter and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. In several large bowls, combine the bread, corn bread, eggs, hard-cooked eggs, chicken, broth and onion mixture.
- 2. Divide among four greased 3-qt. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 36-40 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 230 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC