- 2 cups water
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 loaves (1-1/2 pounds each) bread, toasted and cubed
- 12 cups cubed corn bread, toasted
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 10 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- In a Dutch oven, combine the water, onions, celery, parsley, butter and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. In several large bowls, combine the bread, corn bread, eggs, hard-cooked eggs, chicken, broth and onion mixture.
- Divide among four greased 3-qt. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 36-40 servings.
Originally published as Two-Bread Dressing in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p39
Reviews for Corn Bread Dressing for a Crowd
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review