This colorful and tasty salad is always well received at picnics and potlucks. Corn bread salads have long been popular in the South but may be new to people in other regions. No matter where you live, I think you'll like this one! -Jennifer Horst, Goose Creek, South Carolina
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Prepare corn bread according to package directions. Cool completely; crumble.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, tomatoes, peppers, onions, bacon, cheese and crumbled corn bread.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 20-22 servings.
Originally published as Corn Bread Confetti Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p39
Reviews for Corn Bread Confetti Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review