Corn Bread Chili Bake
My husband has loved this recipe since the day we were married. He requests it often. It's easy to make, and I usually have the ingredients on hand.—Becky Grubaugh, Newton, Illinois
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- Place chili beans in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with
- onion and cheese. Prepare corn bread mix according to package
- Drop batter by spoonfuls over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.