My husband has loved this recipe since the day we were married. He requests it often. It's easy to make, and I usually have the ingredients on hand.—Becky Grubaugh, Newton, Illinois
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- Place chili beans in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with onion and cheese. Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Corn Bread Chili Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p120
Reviews for Corn Bread Chili Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2014
"Easy and yummy. The kids love it."