Corn Bread Chicken Bake Recipe
To make the most of leftover corn bread, try this hearty main-dish casserole sent in by Madge Britton from Afton, Tennessee. "It's moist, delicious and good on any occasion," she notes.
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups cubed corn bread
- 8 bread slices, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place chicken in a large skillet and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Drain and cut into cubes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add chicken. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 392 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 1,307 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Corn Bread Chicken Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC