—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (11-1/2 ounces) refrigerated corn bread twists
- 1/4 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt, optional
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- Unroll and separate corn bread dough along perforations into 16 pieces. Using 10 or 11 pieces, line the bottom and sides of an ungreased shallow 3-cup baking dish. Flatten and press dough pieces together to seal perforations. Bake at 375° for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, crumble sausage into skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain well and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cream, pepper and salt if desired. In the same skillet, cook and stir eggs over medium heat until completely set.
- In a bowl, combine the sausage , scrambled eggs, cheese and chilies. Spoon into prebaked crust. Top with remaining dough. Flatten and press together to cover top; seal edges.
- Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until top is deep golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Corn Bread Breakfast Casserole in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p28
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Corn Bread Breakfast Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2013
"I didn't make this, but the calorie count and cholesterol figure would prevent me from even trying it."