- 1 tube (11-1/2 ounces) refrigerated corn bread twists
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt, optional
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- Unroll and separate corn bread dough along perforations into 16 pieces. Using 10 or 11 pieces, line the bottom and sides of an ungreased shallow 3-cup baking dish. Flatten and press dough pieces together to seal perforations. Bake at 375° for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, crumble sausage into skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain well and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cream, pepper and salt if desired. In the same skillet, cook and stir eggs over medium heat until completely set.
- In a bowl, combine the sausage , scrambled eggs, cheese and chilies. Spoon into prebaked crust. Top with remaining dough. Flatten and press together to cover top; seal edges.
- Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until top is deep golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Corn Bread Breakfast Casserole in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p28
Reviews for Corn Bread Breakfast Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2013
"I didn't make this, but the calorie count and cholesterol figure would prevent me from even trying it."