Corn Bread Beef Bake
My friend gave me this recipe one day when I was desperate for a quick yet wholesome meal. When my family knows this is in the oven, they come running!Mary Jane Ogmundson, Danbury, New Hampshire
Mary Jane Ogmundson, Danbury, New Hampshire
4-6 ServingsPrint: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the beans, ketchup, brown sugar and pepper; mix well. Transfer
- to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine dry corn bread mix, milk and egg just until
- combined. Spoon over bean mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted in the corn bread comes out clean. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 393 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 765 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.