Corn Bread Beef Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, ketchup, brown sugar and pepper; mix well. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine dry corn bread mix, milk and egg just until combined. Spoon over bean mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the corn bread comes out clean. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 393 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 765mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Corn Bread Beef Bake
"This reminded me of a side dish. I made the cornbread in it's own 9x9 dish. It had a good taste."
"This lady was a friend of my mother's in college, was my first grade teacher and her husband was my 6th grade teacher. :o)"