Corn Bread Beef Bake Recipe
My friend gave me this recipe one day when I was desperate for a quick yet wholesome meal. When my family knows this is in the oven, they come running!Mary Jane Ogmundson, Danbury, New Hampshire —Mary Jane Ogmundson, Danbury, New Hampshire
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, ketchup, brown sugar and pepper; mix well. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine dry corn bread mix, milk and egg just until combined. Spoon over bean mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the corn bread comes out clean. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 393 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 765 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC