Whenever I serve my Corn Balls, it's just about certain someone will ask for the recipe—I've gotten more requests for it than any other I've ever tried.
I usually make them when we have company as a nice change-of-pace side dish. They're great with ham, steak or roast beef.
My husband and I have two young children, 3 and not quite 1. I grew up on a dairy farm. Today, we live on a sma
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3-1/2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing croutons
- 3 cups cooked whole kernel corn
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, cook onion and celery in butter until tender;
- set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the croutons, corn, eggs, water, salt,
- pepper and onion mixture. Shape into eight to 10 balls.
- Place in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 375° for 25-20 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 226 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.