Corn and Tomato Medley Recipe
With a little spark of cumin, this garden-fresh medley showcases corn in a colorful blend with tomato, green pepper and onion.
- 2 cups fresh-cut sweet corn (3 to 4 ears)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large tomato, chopped and seeded
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the corn, onion, green pepper, butter, salt and cumin. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in tomato and sugar; cook, covered, 5 minutes longer. Yield: 5 servings.
1/2 cup: 126 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Corn and Tomato Medley
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC