- 1-3/4 cups fresh or frozen corn, cooked
- 1-1/4 cups chopped cooked spinach (well drained)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- Combine corn and spinach; set aside. In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir to make a smooth paste. Stir in salt. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Cool. Combine eggs, pimientos and onion; fold into cooled butter mixture. Fold in corn and spinach.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until done. Slice to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Corn and Spinach Souffle in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p36
Reviews for Corn and Spinach Souffle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review