Corn and Spinach Souffle Recipe
This is an easy, foolproof souffle you just need to make sure the vegetables and sauce are cool before adding the eggs. I've made this many times for guests and always receive compliments, even from people who don't like spinach.
- 1-3/4 cups fresh or frozen corn, cooked
- 1-1/4 cups chopped cooked spinach (well drained)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- Combine corn and spinach; set aside. In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir to make a smooth paste. Stir in salt. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Cool. Combine eggs, pimientos and onion; fold into cooled butter mixture. Fold in corn and spinach.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until done. Slice to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Corn and Spinach Souffle in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p36
Reviews for Corn and Spinach Souffle(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review