Corn and Shrimp Salad
"This is one of the ways our family celebrates corn," writes Ruth Randolph of Orefield, Pennsylvania.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp, corn, red pepper and onions. In a small
- bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, basil, lemon juice, sugar, salt and
- cayenne. Pour over shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 300 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon