"This is one of the ways our family celebrates corn," writes Ruth Randolph of Orefield, Pennsylvania.
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp, corn, red pepper and onions. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, basil, lemon juice, sugar, salt and cayenne. Pour over shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Corn and Shrimp Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Corn and Shrimp Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review