Brought to you by Johnsonville® Sausage
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 3 green onions sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- In a skillet, prepare sausage according to package directions. Cool slightly and slice into 1/2 –inch slices.
- In a soup kettle, melt butter and sauté onions until tender and lightly browned. Add flour, mix until smooth. Stir in stock, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat, add potatoes and cook until almost tender, about 10-12 minutes. Gradually stir in cream, corn and thyme. Continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not allow to boil.
- Add prepared sausage, bell pepper and onions. Continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and garnish with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Corn and Potato Chowder with Mild Italian Sausage in Johnsonville® Sausage 2015
Reviews for Corn and Potato Chowder with Mild Italian Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review