Corn and Potato Chowder with Mild Italian Sausage Recipe
Brought to you by Johnsonville® Sausage
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 1 Hour YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 3 green onions sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1. In a skillet, prepare sausage according to package directions. Cool slightly and slice into 1/2 –inch slices.
- 2. In a soup kettle, melt butter and sauté onions until tender and lightly browned. Add flour, mix until smooth. Stir in stock, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- 3. Reduce heat, add potatoes and cook until almost tender, about 10-12 minutes. Gradually stir in cream, corn and thyme. Continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not allow to boil.
- 4. Add prepared sausage, bell pepper and onions. Continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and garnish with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC