Corn and Ham Chowder Recipe
"Fresh corn gives wonderful appeal to this recipe I got from my sister," relates Muriel Lerdal of Humboldt, Iowa about the full-bodied soup she shares. "It's also satisfying on a chilly fall or winter day, using frozen or canned corn."
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups fresh, frozen or canned sweet corn
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, cook the onion in butter until tender. Add all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 210 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 656 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC