Corn and Green Chili Casserole
We live very close to the Mexican border, so recipes featuring corn and green chilies are popular here. This dish has always been a hit whenever I've taken it to a potluck dinner.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Prepare corn bread mixes according to package directions. Pour half
- of the batter into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine
- corn and creamed corn; spread over batter. Top with chilies and
- cheese. Carefully spread with remaining corn bread batter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick
- comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.