We live very close to the Mexican border, so recipes featuring corn and green chilies are popular here. This dish has always been a hit whenever I've taken it to a potluck dinner.
Recommended: 38 Ultimate Chili Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Prepare corn bread mixes according to package directions. Pour half of the batter into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine corn and creamed corn; spread over batter. Top with chilies and cheese. Carefully spread with remaining corn bread batter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Corn Bread Casserole in Country February/March 2000, p51
Reviews forCorn and Green Chili Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2017
"Love the 2 varieties of corn - makes a huge difference and I used pepper jack cheese just for a bit more pop - family devoured them"