Corn and Chicken Dinner Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken legs and thighs (about 8 pieces)
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 3 ears fresh corn, husked, cleaned and cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until browned on each side. Add two-thirds of the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Reduce heat; stir in corn and water. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon tarragon, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175°.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook both the remaining garlic and tarragon in remaining butter for 1 minute; set aside.
- 3. Layer zucchini and tomatoes over the chicken mixture. Drizzle seasoned butter over all; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 297 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.