- 3 pounds chicken legs and thighs (about 8 pieces)
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 3 ears fresh corn, husked, cleaned and cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and cut into chunks
- In a Dutch oven, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until browned on each side. Add two-thirds of the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Reduce heat; stir in corn and water. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon tarragon, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook both the remaining garlic and tarragon in remaining butter for 1 minute; set aside.
- Layer zucchini and tomatoes over the chicken mixture. Drizzle seasoned butter over all; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Corn and Chicken Dinner
Sort By :
"very good - I used a whole chicken and increased the time by 30 minutes and it was incredible."
"red potatoes in this sounds awesome. i would think no on the crock pot. it simmers foods on low. these items are fried and then steamed. crock pot does neither of these things. to get the delicious texture, thus flavor of all ingredients i would follow the recipe as stated. foil packs... the chicken obviously takes longer to cook thru than the vegys. i would grill the chicken and foil the vegys. Mmmmmm cant wait till company or a potluck :P"
"My family really love these recipe"
"Been making this several years, but had forgotten about it for the past 2, so I looked it up on the net today and was so happy to find it (cuz I didn't think I'd have the title right). Just as good as I remember. Very healthy meal-in-one. I cut back on the butter quite a lot and it still tastes great. So easy to make, so tasty and family loves it."
"I would like to know if there is a crockpot version also."