Corn and Broccoli in Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 4 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-1/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1. In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the corn, broccoli and cheeses. In a small bowl, combine soup and milk; pour over vegetable mixture.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Stir before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 148 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat
Reviews for Corn and Broccoli in Cheese Sauce
"This didn't quite meet my expectations. It was very plain. I think with the addition of some spices it would be better."
"Great. I also liked redcow's take on it."
"I loved this. I used cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of chicken soup. Didn't have quite enough of the veelveta so made up the difference with cream cheese."
"I add some diced ham and put all in the crockpot and it is ready when we get home from church. Hubby says it doesn't look appealing, but sure taste good."
"really easy and tasty"
"added a little spiral pasta , very good"
"Loved it the way it is. Ill use this one all year long."
"Big hit on Thankgiving. Next modifiction will to be adding some garlic and experimenting with horseradish( not sure about that)."
"quick & easy, got great reviews at Thanksgiving, will try next time w/ fresh broccoli"
"Suggestion: Make it 1 and 1/4 c.milk to make it a sauce consistancy. Was very bland without any spices. Salt, pepper, and some cajun spice to give it some flavor to taste. I added seasoned chicken fajita strips."
"The condensed soup with only 1/4 c. of milk is not pourable at all."