Corn and Broccoli in Cheese Sauce
This veggie side dish is a standby. My daughter likes to add leftover ham to it. Save room in the oven by making this savory side in your slow cooker. —Joyce Johnson, Uniontown, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 4 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-1/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the corn, broccoli and cheeses. In a
- small bowl, combine soup and milk; pour over vegetable mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Stir
- before serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 148 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.