Corn and Berry Couscous
“My husband, Doug, wowed me with Confetti Couscous the first time he cooked for me while we were dating. It’s still one of my favorite dishes,” relates Laurel Porterfield from Bristow, Virginia.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, butter and salt to a boil. Stir
- in the corn, cranberries and cinnamon. Cover and return to a boil;
- cook for 2 minutes. Stir in couscous.
- Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until
- broth is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 270 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.