Corn and Bean Soup Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the broth, carrots, celery, potato and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; simmer 5-7 minutes longer or until corn is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving equals 185 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Corn and Bean Soup
"Bleh! The thyme was very overpowering. My husband who is the least picky eater on the face of the earth didn't even want to finish it, so I heated up an emergency can of soup from the pantry."